A.C.S.B. Designation Program - Curriculum
To be eligible for the A.C.S.B. designation, students must complete all six courses (four core courses and two electives). Principles of Suretyship is a prerequisite for the two other surety courses (Contract Surety and Construction and Surety Law) and must be taken first. Other than that, students are free to take the courses in any order they choose.
Principles of Surety, Construction and Surety Law, and Contract Surety courses have been developed by the Surety Association of Canada using course material and text books from existing resources and developed in consultation with outside sources. Where material is American-centric or not applicable in Canada, Canadian supplements will be supplied.
Please note that the Principles of Suretyship, Construction and Surety Law and Contract Surety courses are only available two (2) semesters annually, in the Fall and Winter.
- Principles of Suretyship (must be taken first)- SCS 0933
- Accounting: The Fundamentals* - SCS 0984
- Construction and Surety Law - SCS 0935
- Contract Surety - SCS 0934
*Students can apply for an exemption from Accounting: The Fundamentals (No. SCS 0984) by submitting a certified transcript from an accredited post-secondary educational institution where they successfully completed an equivalent course. This should be submitted at the time of registration in the program.
- Business Law - SCS 0973
- Business Management - SCS 0977
- Business Strategy - SCS 0974
- Economics (Introductory) - SCS 0980
- Financial Accounting & Analysis (Intermediate) - SCS 0982
- Intermediate Financial Accounting 1 - SCS 3404
- Intermediate Financial Accounting 2 - SCS 3405
- Financial Accounting (Advanced) - SCS 0914
- Financial Management - SCS 0976
- Leadership in Business Analysis - SCS 2382
- Management Accounting - SCS 0983
- Management Accounting (Advanced) - SCS 0915
- Marketing (An Introduction) - SCS 0978
- Organizational Behaviour - SCS 0988
- Risk Control - SCS 0985
- Risk Management (The Foundations of) - SCS 2921
- Risk Financing - SCS 0986
- Taxation for Canadian Business - SCS 0975
- Writing (Business) - SCS 3213
NOTE: Course Titles and Numbers can vary. If there are discrepancies between the above list and the information published by the University of Toronto, please contact the SAC office for clarification at (905) 677-1353 or by email at surety [at] suretycanada.com.