Media Release: Surety Association of Canada Announces 2021-2022 Board of Directors
December 15, 2021 – Mississauga, ON – The Surety Association of Canada (SAC) held its 30th Annual General Meeting virtually on September 23, 2021 where the slate of officers was presented and approved by the SAC membership. On December 1, 2021, the SAC Board of Directors met to elect the officials for the upcoming fiscal year, which are as follows (listed in alphabetical order by last name):
- Scott Beitel, Chief Operating Officer, PLATFORM (Past Chair)
- Iqbal Bhinder, President, United Surety
- Rob Burns, Senior Vice President, Travelers Insurance Company of Canada
- Robert Cristiano, Vice President, Everest Re Group Ltd.
- Chris Fiore, Head of Surety, Canada, The Hartford
- Nicolas Gagnon, Partner, Lavery, de Billy
- Richard A. Grant, Senior Vice President - Surety, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company
- Steven Hastings, Vice President - Surety, Liberty Mutual Canada
- Steve Hogan, Senior Vice President - Ontario Surety Manager, Aon Canada
- Tom Krech, AVP - Surety, Chubb Insurance Company of Canada (Board Vice Chair)
- Raymond Llamas, AVP - Underwriting Director, CNA Surety
- Brent McAllister, Director - National Accounts, Zurich Insurance Company
- Darryll McDonald, Vice President - Surety, Echelon Insurance
- Paul McIntyre, Vice President - Surety, Euler Hermes North America Insurance Company
- Terry Michalakos, Vice President - Surety, Aviva Insurance Company of Canada
- Brandon Notaro, Vice President, Surety Underwriting, Partner Re
- Sarina Puccio, Team Leader for Credit – Surety & Political Risk, Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada, Ltd.
- Rick Shaban, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais, LLP
- Mark Skanes, Vice President, Western Surety Company (Board Chair)
- David Smith, National Vice President - Surety Leader, Intact Insurance
(Photo caption: Top left to right, as per list.)
Steven D. Ness, President of the Surety Association of Canada, stated: “We are grateful for the support and dedication of our association’s Board of Directors.” He further noted, “We would like to express our profound appreciation to departing Directors: Matt Baynton (previously of Trisura Guarantee Insurance), Ron Ferrero (previously of Partner Re) and Kevin Thompson (previously of Jones Deslauriers Insurance Management); and welcome new Directors, Iqbal Bhinder of United Surety, Chris Fiore of The Hartford, Richard A. Grant of Trisura Guarantee Insurance, and Brandon Notaro of Partner Re. We look forward to their involvement.”
After the AGM business proceedings in September, SAC welcomed keynote speaker, Chantal Hébert, who provided a detailed overview and insight on the outcome of the recent federal election. To close off the event, SAC recognized the 2021 Graduating Class of the Associateship of Canadian Surety Bonding (A.C.S.B.) Designation Program (note: media release is available on the SAC website).
Plans are in currently progress for SAC’s 31st Annual General Meeting, which will be held in September 2022 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto. More details to be announced soon.
For PDF version of Media Release, CLICK HERE.